In the dead of December, most days all I want to do is cuddle up with my Love and use our body heat to keep warm. The only problem with that is that my Love is a bazillion miles away… Which leaves me cold, cranky, and missing him like crazy.
Here are a few tricks I’ve learned to keep warm when I’m missing him:
- Wear His Sweatshirt
- On his last visit, my Love gave me one of his sweatshirts. I wear it quite a bit when I’m missing him. It’s comfy, reminds me of him, warm, and makes him feel a little bit closer.
- Drink Hot Tea
- I never drank tea, but one time when I was starting to get a little sick, my Love made me a hot cup of tea. Now, whenever I miss him, I make myself a cup just like he did. Brings me back to that memory and I am reminded of how much he cares for me.
- Take a Bath
- I am a bathing Queen! I love taking baths! They are so warm and relaxing. I bathe almost every night (not to get clean, just to relax). Adding bubbles or essential oils can make it even better!
- Work up a Sweat
- A surefire way to get warm and hot would be to do a little workout of your choice. I use a few apps on my phone that give me workouts or let me create my own custom workouts depending on what I am specifically looking to tone. Something as short as a 20 minute workout can get you warm and looking fine for your loved one afar.
- Cuddle with Pets
- I share my apartment with my two pet rabbits, Nori and Nessie. Rabbits aren’t the most cuddly creatures, they’re quite sassy actually. But they’ll cuddle with me if I really need them to (or if I have treats).
How do you keep warm without your loved one?