Wow, another year has come and gone. Unfortunately, 2016 has been a tough year for my family. It took two of my Grandmothers and a beloved pet with it. Because of this I’m definitely looking forward to a more positive 2017!
Here are just a few reasons I’m excited to welcome 2017:
- Luckily, at some point in 2017 this deployment will be over! Believe me, I really can’t wait!
- This month, I will be starting my first real teaching job! Thankfully, I secured an Internship a few months ago. This will be my first paid position within a school as an actual new-teacher. I am beyond excited for the challenges and experience that this new job will bring.
- In the spring, I will be a college graduate! I can’t believe how quickly 4 years of college has gone. Seriously, it feels like I was a Freshman just yesterday. But I’ll be wearing the mortarboard and walking the stage so soon!
- This summer, I’ll be running my first half marathon… (provided that I keep up with my training). Unfortunately around the holidays, I fell off the training wagon, but now I’m ready to get back on and give it my all! I already registered for the race, so I can’t let that money go to waste.
- After the half marathon, my Love and I are planning on closing the distance! This will be a scary, yet exciting time for both of us, where we will be able to begin our life together and grow as a couple along the way.
By the looks of it, 2017 will be quite the exciting year. I can’t wait for everything to fall into place, and for all my hard work to pay off.
I hope you all have just as great of a 2017 as I hope to! What will the year bring for you?